The months of endless, locked-down monotony are wearing on, but here at WIRED, we’re looking for bright spots wherever we can. A lot of great earbuds are on sale this weekend, just right for puttering around the yard or blocking out your spouse. Also, we may not be making grand travel plans for Labor Day, but it does mean that great (off-season) sales are on the way.
This weekend is also the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, which will run through August 30. If you’re in a browsing kind of mood, don’t forget to check out our latest buying guides for advice on how to pick out a kid-friendly tablet, a Dyson vacuum, and more.
If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more. Please also consider subscribing to WIRED.
Check out our Best Android Phones and Best Wireless Earbuds guides for more recommendations.
- Jabra Elite 75t for $150 ($30 off): WIRED audio reviewer Parker Hall says these waterproof and sweatproof buds are his go-to for yard work, long runs, and other socially distanced outdoor excursions.
- Aukey True Wireless Earbuds for $30 ($20 off): These are WIRED service editor Alan Henry’s favorite cheap earbuds. You get 25 hours of playback with the case and five hours from the buds.
- Sony WF-1000XM3 for $178 ($52 off): Sony recently released a new version of its industry-leading over-ear headphones, so new noise-canceling earbuds are probably on the way. We still love these, though, and they’re a great buy on sale.
- Nokia 7.2 (Unlocked) for $250 ($100 off): This (now even more) affordable Android phone was one of our top picks in 2019, and it’s still a good phone. It’s no Pixel 4A, but it has a big LCD screen, a decent processor, and day-long battery life. Plus, you get two years of Android version upgrades and monthly security updates.
- Moto G Stylus (Unlocked) for $270 ($30 off): Someone please tell me why I spent $700 on an iPhone again? The Moto G Stylus is in our Best Cheap Phones guide. It has a nice screen, a battery that lasts two days (!), and a headphone jack. The rest of Motorola’s latest affordable lineup is also on sale at Best Buy. If you want even better battery life, the Moto G Power is $230 ($20 off), and if your budget is tight, the Moto G Fast is a solid phone that’s just $170 ($30 off).